Top 10 Signs You Have A Bad Tenant
Happy Friday everyone! I thought I would share a bit of humor to start off the weekend.
Being a landlord or property manager isn’t as easy as it sounds. It’s very important to thoroughly screen prospective tenants. Here are a few tips to help you find that perfect tenant. Lots of landlords, especially accidental landlords (home sellers forced to rent when the house doesn’t sell) fail to do adequate background checks when screening new tenants. In the rush to get the rental filled, some landlords have discovered that they preferred the vacancy over the troubles their current tenants are dishing out. While you’re looking over your crop of prospective tenants, keep these ideas in mind.
The Top 10 Signs You Have a Bad Tenant
10 . When asked to pay a security deposit, he informs you that he’ll have the money once his personal injury lawsuit winnings from his previous landlord comes in.
9. He lists a prison Warden as his previous landlord and his character references are all inmates.
8. Every place he’s rented has been condemned.
7. The TV show “Hoarders” filmed her moving out of her last house.
6. He likes to use the phrase “stickin it to d’a man” every chance he gets.
5. A member of her family dies each month, preventing her from paying her rent. Some relatives die several times.
4. Your prospective tenant asks for extra forms when asked to list all pets.
3. Section 8 tenants that refuse your rental because it doesn’t have granite countertops.
2. He has 28 people living there with him, but he considers all of them temporary guests.
1. Your tenant pays you in cash covered with a white powdery substance.
Often truth is far more humorous. I’d like to hear from landlords out there who have actually seen some of these and have their own signs from personal experience.
Source: Bill Petrey 10/10